Monday, April 20, 2015

What it's really like to live out of a suitcase

Posted by Elizabeth. Yes I've worn the same two pairs of pants and one dress for 76 days in a row. And sometimes I can't find my toothbrush so I use one of the kid's. Here are a few ways living out of our suitcases for six months has made life interesting.
 
  1. We own four really awesome collapsible water bottles but one of the lids can't be found in the bottom of the suitcase (I won't name names) and REI doesn't seem to have stores in Europe. 
  2. If we can't find clean socks we just raid another suitcase. 
  3. Beth packed salt thinking we would need it?! and it spilled all over the bottom of her suitcase. Nice. 
  4. Leo packed one shirt and two pairs of shorts but didn't forget the three brand new pairs of Nike sports shoes and a pair of soccer cleats. I'm not sure he actually has a toothbrush. 
  5. Griffin has somehow packed a full wardrobe in his bag including a sports jacket, multiple dress pants, four or five pair of shoes, a bow tie and two scarfs. Did I mention I have two pairs of pants?
  6. Teenagers require a significant supply of products. For their hair, their skin, body odor, you name it. Beth has a toothbrush and may have brought a bar of soap. I guess it all evens out. 
  7. We have an entire bag full of cords and chargers and adapters and card readers and USB thingies and god knows what else. We could supply a small Best Buy with that bag. 

I actually love living simply and may just keep up the three outfit life. Somehow I think the rest of the family will be glad to have their closets back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment