Friday, April 3, 2015

Running from tour groups


Posted by Leo. The Vatican Museum is a well-known museum. It is also in its own country run by the Pope. Yesterday, when we visited, so many people were there we were trapped between people on either side. It was bad. I skipped the art but I enjoyed looking at the Egyptian things like tombs and hieroglyphs. Everyone in my family disliked how unorganized it was with all the masses of people. We would try to run from a tour group and another would already be ahead of us.

Once we entered the Sistine Chapel I was a little embarrassed because you were not supposed to wear shorts but I was wearing mine. I thought I would have to be held back but it turned out the guards didn't care at all. They just yelled at everyone not to take photos of the frescoes.

Toward the end of our visit I was getting desperate to leave but we had to go through the whole museum. I was pushing past people and I was a little mad because other people were elbowing me. I elbowed them back. I was about to elbow another person but it was a pregnant lady so I felt bad. We had a short time where there was no one around but then the tour groups caught us. Finally I saw the exit down a circular staircase. The staircase was pretty cool. At least it was better than a statue holding a person’s severed off head.

No comments:

Post a Comment