Thursday, April 23, 2015

Swimming with Roman ruins



Posted by Leo. Pamukkale (Turkey) is beast. It is a white covered mountain. It reminded me of snow but when I stepped onto it I realized it was rock. The rock was hard with water running down it. It went down the entire mountain with little streams and pools. The mountain was made out of calcium left behind when the water evaporates.

My friend Caleb was with me. We ran up the mountain. The water was warm in some places but cold in others. At the top there is a hot springs pool where the water comes from. 

The hot springs was shaped organically with Roman ruins in the water. People like Caleb stubbed their toes on them. You could see a Roman amphitheater nearby. We swam in the water for hours and it was really warm. 

It's fun having Caleb here rather than being alone with my family. 

Max and Romi at Pamukkale




No comments:

Post a Comment