Friday, April 3, 2015

Headed to Cinque Terra

Posted by Elizabeth. We're on the train from Rome to La Spezia for a few days in the Cinque Terra. A huge thanks to Monica and Marcello for their lovely home in Rome!

The Cinque Terra is the real reason we are on this trip. Two years ago I was reading the Sunday New York Times as I do every Sunday morning. The travel section had a perfectly perfect photo of a town in the Cinque Terra. I must have been going through a rough patch in life. I went to yoga that morning and couldn't stop thinking about that hill town and how I had to find a way to spend time abroad. I felt that life was slipping away from me -- the kids getting older, us getting older, days just following one another with little purpose.

So here we are headed to that little hill town. I still can't believe we made it happen. The decision to go was the hardest. After that it's just a to do list. 

It's not always easy (yesterday's visit to the Vatican museums was a disaster) but we're here together with days full of newness. I'm so thankful my family is up for this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment